12 Awesome Uses For The Melamine Sponge
Did you know that melamine foam is used as insulation, soundproofing material and in cleaning products like the ScrubX melamine sponge? Melamine is an effective abrasive cleaner. The abrasive foam loosens up dirt and grime, then absorbs and traps it in the sponge.
Melamine foam erasers only need water to effectively clean stains, making them convenient to use. Simply wet the sponge with water, use some elbow grease, and after a few scrubs, your surface will be like new. Keep in mind that the melamine sponge is actually a very abrasive, hard surface, so be mindful when cleaning delicate surfaces. You should always preform a spot check on an inconspicuous part of the surface before trying these...
- 1. Clean Tiles, linoleum floors, no-wax floors, and ceramic tiles – scuffed and worn flooring can look like new again
- 2. Remove stains from caulking and grout – no harsh chemicals needed
- 3. Remove tarnish from silver, clean and polish gold jewelry, antiques and collectables – precious metals are indeed precious so why not give them a little TLC
- 4. Remove adhesive residue after removing stickers – from windows, mirrors or glass jars
- 5. Clean the stove, top to bottom, inside and out – You may need more than one sponge if you have old baked on messes.
- 6. Clean drains that are gunked with lime and build-up – in fact, clean the entire sink. They’re great at removing hard water build-up and soap scum from all of your sink & shower fixtures
- 7. Clean and shine hubcaps, clean inside your car (along the handles, window ledge, arm rests, dashboard and built-up grime on the car steering wheel) – just don’t use it on the exterior paint, you may damage it
- 8. Remove carbon or baked-on stains from pots, crock pots, deep fryers and pans
- 9. Remove stains inside plastic food containers – no need to throw away those “not so clear” containers, just scrub, rinse, and reuse
- 10. Remove stains on leather seats, purses, chairs, light-colored suede etc. – don’t replace these expensive pieces when there is such an inexpensive solution to cleaning them
- 11. Remove magic marker, permanent marker, and ballpoint ink from virtually any surface – walls, tables, glass, desks…
- 12. Get the brown spots off your glass/ceramic bakeware and inside coffee mugs – those ugly stains actually do come out!