Protect against Slip and Fall Injuries by following these simple steps:
✔ Clean up spills immediately. If a spill cannot be cleaned up right away, display “wet floor” warning signs.
✔ Keep walkways and hallways clear of debris and clutter.
✔ Cover cables or cords in walkways.
✔ Replace burned-out light bulbs promptly.
✔ Consider installing abrasive floor mats or replacing worn flooring.
✔ Keep filing cabinets and desk drawers closed when not in use.
7 FACTS AND STATISTICS ABOUT SLIP AND FALLS:
- 1. 25,000 people are victims to slip and fall accidents per day.
- 2. Medical bills for slip and fall injuries top $34 billion each year.
- 3. Slip and fall victims miss an average of 11 days of work.
- 4. Slip and Falls are the number 1 cause of accidents in hotel, restaurant, and public buildings.
- 5. Fractures are the most serious consequence of falls and occur in 5% of all people who fall.
- 6. Floors and flooring materials contribute directly to more than 2 million fall injuries each year.
- 7. Most Slip and falls occur on wet floors.
Combined data from:
1-National Safety Council (NSC)
2,3-Center for Disease Control (CDC)
3-Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
4,5,6,7-National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI)